See available jobs by clicking below.
Park Electric Cooperative is looking for an IT System Administrator. Park Electric is an electric utility located in Livingston, Montana that has been in business for over 80 years. We provide electric service to over 6,000 meters spanning across four counties.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation, support, and proactive management of the organization’s information systems. These include, but are not limited to, email, virus protection, backups and networking. Other responsibilities include providing support and training to end users.
- Participate in the development, implementation, installation, testing and support of applications software.
- Studies existing data systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems, or modifies existing systems to improve production or workflow.
- Design, implement and maintain complex databases.
- Oversee project implementation including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work.
- Work with users to define system requirements and troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Install, configure, and upgrade desktop hardware and peripherals.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in information systems or other computer-related degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Equivalent technical training and experience will be considered. Additional training in network administration and computer system integration desirable. Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Five to seven years of experience in a Professional Services or IT Consulting environment
- Strong Knowledge of MS Windows Server and Desktop Architecture, TCP/IP networking and Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Citrix, SAN Technologies and VMWare are required
- Three years of experience managing Windows Active Directory, servers, network security and backup solutions.
- One year of experience managing IT implementation projects/applications
- Experience designing and implementing Backup and Disaster Recovery plans
Park Electric has a competitive benefit package that includes: 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, health and dental insurance, defined pension plan and much more. The monthly wage range is $6,600 to $9,100 depending on experience. This is a management exempt position.
Park Electric has an opening for a journeyman lineman due to a retirement. Our cooperative’s coverage area lies across 4 counties in Southwest Montana. Work includes new installations, tree trimming, maintenance and troubleshooting on transmission and distribution electrical systems including overhead and underground lines. The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes of our office located in Livingston Montana. Park County offers lots of outdoor recreation like hunting, fishing, boating, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities, meet the requirements below and want to join a professional hard-working team, please submit your application. This is a bargaining unit position represented by IBEW #532.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Journeyman Lineman certification
- Completion of a formal training program for a Journeyman Lineman
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience.
- Must own, or be able to obtain, a Class A Montana Commercial Driver’s License.
- Physical demands of the job can be extreme and include but are not limited to coordination, the ability to drive, to sit, to climb poles, steel structures, and ladders. The ability to work at elevations high from the ground in awkward fully extended positions, to crawl, to work in a bent over position, to walk over steep rough terrain carrying 50 or more pounds. Regularly lift 50 pounds, occasionally lift 100 pounds, use tools and controls requiring dexterity and feeling with the hands, hear over the phone/radio and in group settings and adequate vision including close, distance, peripheral and color vision and depth perception for performance of all tasks of the position. The employee must be able to withstand working in hot and severely cold working environments that at times are extremely windy.
A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol test will be conducted
A field test requiring climbing will be part of the interview process
Applications are available online HERE. Applications will be accepted until March 19th. Send applications to Matt Grose, Operations Manager, Park Electric, P.O. Box 1119, Livingston, MT 59047; email email@example.com phone: 406-222-7778. This position will remain open until filled. The first round of interviews is expected to take place the last week of March.