Please select a job below for the job description. All jobs are posted until filled.
REPORTS TO: General Manager
JOB SUMMARY: Oversees the Member Service and HR/Communication staff at Park Electric. Is responsible for verifying and tracking incoming and outgoing bills, payments and taxes for accuracy and timely execution. Performs all account payable functions. Works with the Operations Manager to coordinate large scale projects such as meter changes and planned outages. Oversees payroll and federal/state tax reporting. Prepares monthly and annual financial reports. Meets with the board monthly to report on departmental progress and advises of changes to improve efficiency. This is an exempt, salaried position under the Wage and Hour Law and overtime compensation will not be paid.
- Directs the maintenance of the general ledger.
- Prepares and oversees preparation of monthly financial and statistical information for Management and Board as requested.
- Coordinates efforts to ensure effective cash management.
- Responsible for all accounts payable duties.
- Answers questions and sets up members who have chosen to use alternative energy.
- Has a working understanding of the utility grid and how it functions.
- Awards yearly scholarships and grant money.
- Approves accommodation requests for delinquent members or members in need.
- Files annual taxes and works with the auditor to ensure accuracy of information provided.
- Prepares annual reports to various financial and government agencies.
- Works with the Member Service employees to insure all related tasks are performed accurately on a timely basis. May help with the following tasks if necessary:
- Billing procedures and duties.
- Posting consumer reads, payments, and/or bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Maintaining current customer information in the billing software program.
- Preparing contracts for changes of service and renters tracking the contracts ensuring their return.
- Preparing bills at non-standard times for members as needed.
- Supervises the payroll process and oversees all payroll functions including monthly tax
reporting. Must have a thorough understanding of payroll, benefits and federal/state tax laws.
- INSURES that member records and other documents are properly filed, in a timely manner.
- Promotes and insures employee’s positive work relationships with other departments
- Ensures member service programs are completed
- Provides yearly evaluations of reporting staff
- Provides coaching to direct reports and documentation of them
- Edits monthly newsletter and submits to statewide
- Keeps all member information confidential.
- TAKES after hours outage calls when necessary
- OPERATES THE RADIO SYSTEM, as needed.
- Is familiar with Park Electric Cooperative’s Emergency Procedures.
- ENSURES that there is consistent and fair treatment of members by making sure that all employees provide excellent consumer service in all areas of responsibility.
- ANALYZES assigned procedures and work methods to promote the most efficient handling of individual tasks.
- REPRESENTS the Cooperative’s position as his/her own, to staff and the members/public.
- IS FAMILIAR with the Employee Handbook and the Policy Manual.
- ENSURES activity is consistent with board policy and management directive.
- COMMUNICATES with other department staff as needed to maintain positive, effective working relationships.
- RECOMMENDS to the General Manager and/or the board hardware, software and other items for potential inclusion within the budget for the Cooperative.
- HANDLES assignments and conducts himself/herself in such a manner as will reflect credit to the organization and contributes to an increasingly better understanding by, and harmonious relations with, the members and general public.
- PERFORMS ANY OTHER DUTIES that may from time to time be assigned by the General Manager.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Able to work 40 hours per week, with additional time as required.
- Must present a professional appearance at all times.
- Superior verbal and written communication and customer service skills, including the ability to handle difficult situations.
- Must have advanced computer skills with excellent competency in word processing, spreadsheets and databases. Must have the ability to learn new programs and operating systems.
- Physical demands of the job require:
- The ability to move throughout the facility throughout the workday.
- Sitting up to 8 hours per day operating a computer or phone.
- Ability to lift and move boxes up to 20 pounds.
- Vision and hearing capabilities to perform the duties of the job.
Park Electric has an opening for a journeyman lineman with Our cooperative’s coverage area lies across 4 counties in Southwest Montana. Work includes new installations, tree trimming, maintenance and troubleshooting on transmission and distribution electrical systems including overhead and underground lines. The successful applicant must live within 30 minutes of our office located in Livingston Montana. Park County offers lots of outdoor recreation like hunting, fishing, boating, camping, hiking and other outdoor activities, meet the requirements below and want to join a professional hard-working team, please submit your application. This is a bargaining unit position represented by IBEW #532.
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A Journeyman Lineman certification
- Completion of a formal training program for a Journeyman Lineman
- Must meet examining board review of skills and experience.
- Must own, or be able to obtain, a Class A Montana Commercial Driver’s License.
- Physical demands of the job can be extreme and include but are not limited to coordination, the ability to drive, to sit, to climb poles, steel structures, and ladders. The ability to work at elevations high from the ground in awkward fully extended positions, to crawl, to work in a bent over position, to walk over steep rough terrain carrying 50 or more pounds. Regularly lift 50 pounds, occasionally lift 100 pounds, use tools and controls requiring dexterity and feeling with the hands, hear over the phone/radio and in group settings and adequate vision including close, distance, peripheral and color vision and depth perception for performance of all tasks of the position. The employee must be able to withstand working in hot and severely cold working environments that at times are extremely windy.
A pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol test will be conducted
A field test requiring climbing will be part of the interview process
Applications are available online at . Send applications to Matt Grose, Operations Manager, Park Electric, P.O. Box 1119, Livingston, MT 59047; email phone: 406-222-7778. This position will remain open until filled.
Wage or Salary:
$47.54 starting November 1st 2020
Benefits per IBEW Agreement