If you are new to the cooperative and require installation of a service or are already a member and want to change or add to an existing service, there are several steps you must complete prior to being put on the construction schedule. Following are the steps required to help keep you on track. The sooner we receive all the necessary documents, permits and fees the sooner you can expect to have your service scheduled for installation. Please note: During peak season (April - August) site visits can be scheduled up to 8 weeks out due to heavy demand for new services.
Each of the following steps must be completed before your service can be scheduled for installation:
- Fill out and return the Electrical Service Packet available by clicking here.
- $200 site visit fee required in cash or check. The payment of this fee starts the work order process and is credited towards the total Aid of Construction.
- Electrical permit received by Park Electric
- Easement(s) signed & notarized
- Contract signed & notarized (if applicable)
- Aid of construction and associated fees paid.
Once all fees and documents are received by Park Electric, your project will be placed on the schedule.
Note: This page includes downloadable files that are in Adobe PDF format and require Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download Acrobat Reader free of charge from Adobe's web site. This is a safe, fast and easy installation.