Park Electric Cooperative is looking for an IT System Administrator. Park Electric is an electric utility located in Livingston, Montana that has been in business for over 80 years. We provide electric service to over 6,000 meters spanning across four counties.
The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for the implementation, support, and proactive management of the organization’s information systems. These include, but are not limited to, email, virus protection, backups and networking. Other responsibilities include providing support and training to end users.
- Participate in the development, implementation, installation, testing and support of applications software.
- Studies existing data systems to evaluate effectiveness and develops new systems, or modifies existing systems to improve production or workflow.
- Design, implement and maintain complex databases.
- Oversee project implementation including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work.
- Work with users to define system requirements and troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Install, configure, and upgrade desktop hardware and peripherals.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in information systems or other computer-related degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Equivalent technical training and experience will be considered. Additional training in network administration and computer system integration desirable. Must possess excellent verbal and written skills.
- Five to seven years of experience in a Professional Services or IT Consulting environment
- Strong Knowledge of MS Windows Server and Desktop Architecture, TCP/IP networking and Active Directory, DNS and DHCP
- Experience with Citrix, SAN Technologies and VMWare are required
- Three years of experience managing Windows Active Directory, servers, network security and backup solutions.
- One year of experience managing IT implementation projects/applications
- Experience designing and implementing Backup and Disaster Recovery plans
Park Electric has a competitive benefit package that includes: 401K, paid vacation, sick leave, health and dental insurance, defined pension plan and much more. The monthly wage range is $6,600 to $9,100 depending on experience. This is a management exempt position. Full Job Description available at https://parkelectric.coop/jobs-park-electric.
Please submit applications to Info@parkelectric.coop. If you have any questions please call 406-222-3100 to speak to General Manager, Matt Haggerty.