The State of Montana requires an electrical permit prior to performing any work on a new or existing service. The cost for the permit depends on the size and type of service installation. Generally, it is the electrical contractor's responsibility to apply for the permit. However, the state allows electric work done on residential services to be completed by the owner. If you are doing the work yourself, you must apply for the permit. Permit applications can be picked up at our office or from your electrical contractor.  You may also apply for permits on-line at

What to do with the permit

The state will send the entire permit to you or your electrical contractor. Tear off the bottom portion of the permit (the section containing the words "Give this to your power supplier") and send to us at:

Park Electric Cooperative
PO Box 1119
Livingston MT 59047